2 cups unbleached flour
2 teaspoonfuls baking powder
1 cup water
10-12 coarsely chopped squash flowers (rinsed, stem and pistil trimmed)
1/4 cup finely chopped italian flat leaf parsley (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup olive oil
- Whisk flour and baking powder together in large bowl.
- In separate bowl, whisk eggs and water together. Add to flour mixture and stir to combine
- Add squash blossoms, parsley, and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Prepare cookie sheet lined with double layers of paper towel.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls full of batter into hot oil-filling as many as you can without crowding. Cook 3 minutes or until the undersides are medium-golden brown. Turn and cook other side for 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Continue frying. Add and heat additional oil as needed.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.