Homemade Honey Vanilla Granola with Dried Cherries and Pecans
4 cups rolled oats (bulk at Honeyville)
4 tsp organic ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt (Redmonds)
1/2 cup canola oil (or coconut oil)
1/2 cup local honey (more or less to taste, Knight Family Honey)
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans (or more if desired)
1 cup dried Woodyatt Cherries (or more if desired)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Mix together dry ingredients in large roasting pan or bowl.
- Mix together honey, oil and vanilla. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well. Add in pecans. Stir well until there is no dry oatmeal evident.
- Spread mixture evenly on baking sheets in a fairly thin layer. Bake for 15 minutes, remove pans from oven, toss the granola around, rotate the pans and bake for another 15 minutes. Repeat this process until granola is completely dry and light golden brown or about 45-60 minutes.
- Add dried cherries. Store in air-tight container.
- This is great with yogurt in the morning or just a snack.