Pizza With Fig Jam, Prusciutto, Gorgonzola, Balsamic, and Arugula
Cornmeal, for sprinkling
1-pound pizza dough (Or enough dough for a good sized pizza)
2 cups crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (About 4-6 ounces)
1/2 cup Fig Jam (bought at Whole Foods)
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
8 thin slices of prosciutto or sausage
8 cups arugula
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Sprinkle rimless baking sheet generously with cornmeal. Roll out dough on floured work surface to the size of a pizza; transfer to prepared pizza stone or pan.
- Spread fig jam over prepared crust. Sprinkle gorgonzola over the fig jam evenly. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake pizza for about 10-12 minutes.
- Then immediately add the prosciutto (or sausage) for the last 5 minutes of baking. Bake pizza till it is golden brown.
- During this time, you can whisk the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and Dijon mustard together. Then add the arugula and toss to cover.
- Take the pizza out when done and mound the arugula on top.
- Cut into pieces and serve.