|Zucchini-Feta Pancake with Tabbouleh and Fresh Corn|
4 packed cups coarsely grated zucchini
1 cup finely crumbled feta cheese (Rockhill Creamery)
1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
3 tablespoonfuls chopped basil
1/4 cup chopped dried tomatoes, soaked in water
1 cup flavored bread crumbs (we used Sun-dried Tomato bread from Volkers)
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
Canola Oil for frying (we actually used butter to keep it 100% local)
Yogurt for topping (used our homemade yogurt)
1. Beat the egg whites until stiff.
2. Squeeze all the excess moisture out of the grated zucchini by pressing in a colander or by wrapping up in a linen dishtowel and squeezing until most of the liquid is gone.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, combine zucchini, egg yolks, feta cheese, green onions, basil, bread crumbs, and flour.
4. Fold the egg whites into the zucchini mixture.
5. Heat a little oil or butter in a heavy skillet over medium-low heat. Add spoonfuls of batter and fry on both sides until golden and crisp.
6. Serve immediately topped with yogurt if desired.
source: The New Moosewood Cookbook by Mollie Katzen but given to us by Jennifer Hines from Rockhill Creamery.