Monday, July 4, 2011

I'm Back with a Strawberry Lassi!

I have returned from my two week Girl Scout Camp and can I say it was amazing!  I had a lot of fun and I got to do some amazing things like horseback riding, low and high ropes courses, archery, biking to Bridal Veil Falls and swimming.  It was hot up there except for the day it rained! Unlike what I had hoped would happen, our tent did not last through the downpour and we had water puddles in our tent! Everything was soaked and we had to move camp sites.  Other then that, camp was great and I am glad to be back.  Today I will be posting one my favorite ethnic recipes,  a Strawberry Lassi.   This lassi is a sweet, frothy blend of yogurt, milk, and fruit served well chilled. I rarely get these so when I saw a recipe for it I jumped up and down with excitement!  The farmers at the market last week told me they would have lots of strawberries over the next two weeks so get on down there and buy some. This a great recipe for snacks and breakfast.  I hope you enjoy it because I know I did!

Strawberry Lassi
1/2 cup ripe strawberries, rinsed (Weeks Berries of Paradise)
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/4 cup whole milk
1 cup low-fat yogurt (we use homemade)
3 ice cubes

  1. In a blender, place the strawberries and sugar; blend on high speed for 30 seconds.  Pour in the milk and blend another 30 seconds.  Add the yogurt and blend on high speed for 1 minute. 
  2. To serve, place 1 ice cube in each of 3 glasses and pour in the lassi.  (Optional) Top with strawberry pieces and serve if you would like to. 
options:
--to keep it totally local, try using honey instead of sugar. 
--use other berries as they come into season and sweeten (or not) as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment